The life and times of Tragicomix.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

grannys lesson

It was my grandmas bday yesterday..lout that I am, i forgot, despite sms reminders from my mom.. shes well beyond 80, i am not even sure how many beyond..She wobbles along on two fake hips and a walking stick, and is one of the most determined spirited people i know..

I called , shameful, tail between my legs and wished her..I apologized for not being able to call yesterday. she had never really been big on birthdays..this time, .she gamely replied, "I am so old now, every day is like a birthday for me"..

and that got me thinking...

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Me too.

5:20 PM

 
Blogger AJ said...

That indeed is a lesson. I made an agreement with my old town frieds to call each other on our birthdays. So when its my birthday, I call them and say "wish me a happy birthday! B@&%H!" Maybe you can make that deal with your granny too for next year?

11:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Monicker! Great post on grannys lesson. I have a site about Fried Farts, do you want to trade links?

3:17 PM

 
Blogger shakester said...

old people and babies....say the most simple and aazing of things....

11:20 AM

 
Blogger Taxman said...

The next time, stick a post-it note reminder on your PC/laptop.

Saurav

8:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home